Thursday, March 04, 2010

Rusty Wier - Black Hat Saloon (1976)



"Black Hat Saloon" was the album that got me acquainted to Rusty Wier's music. I was always on the lookout for new Southern Rock, but I also very much enjoy the Outlaw Country scene. Well, Rusty's music's right in the middle of all that sweet goodness. I still think this album ranks among his best, though I really love them all. Rusty rocks some and knows his way with Country too, though there's nothing sappy about this music. Great lyrics and a good sense of humor combined with great musicianship and a terrific, characteristic voice. He may be quite unknown, but there's no justice in that. So, do yourself a favor, grab this and enjoy. I think it's time.

11 comments:

lochloosa said...

Hi skydog
Thank's for this great album!! Do you have more of Rusty Wier? Would be great, you post more here...

Anonymous said...

http://www.uploadmirrors.com/download/0TF9MWEM/ewethere.zip
Rusty Wier - Are we there yet?(1997)@192
----------------
No WAVs, anyway....:)

Skydogg said...

Thanks a great big bunch! The wavs I really only want when it's vinyl, so I can still edit. CD rips are fine from 192 kbps and up. This is really cool!
Peach for peace,
Harley

Skydogg said...

Does anyone have a bigger picture of the front cover? At least 300 x 300 pixels... Thanks.

Lynn said...

What an awesome site. Thanks so much for this album! I am also searching for Rusty's "Stacked Deck" album, but didn't see it listed. If you have it available, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for sharing!

Sergej said...

Please, can you upload this record?
Thank you.

Skydogg said...

Re-upped ;)

Sergej said...

Thank you very much.

Raoni Draven said...

There's a problem with the Uploading server, if you could re-up on the Mediafire server it would be much better. Thanks in advance for posting Rusty's albums, great Outlaw music!!

Skydogg said...

Sorry, I'm not going back to using mediafire. They would not allow this upload anyway. Maybe you could try something like JDownloader 2 for Uploaded. Works fine for me.

Raoni Draven said...

I will try to download using JDownloader 2. I didn't know about mediafire not allowing some uploads. Thanks anyway!