Sunday, August 10, 2008

Jack Pearson - Live! (1997)



Jack Pearson is a really great sounding guitarist. Though this is mostly a blues affair (and I'm not much of a blues fan myself), I find plenty good reasons to include this recording on Skydog's Elysium. Jack has played on records by Gregg Allman and Jimmy Hall (Wet Willie), and has toured with The Allman Brothers Band (replacing Warren Haynes before Derek Trucks filled the spot). And when I hear Jack play, I don't mind the blues at all! Very melodic, tasteful playing and blues with a funky twist. I highly recommend his 'Step Out!' album to any serious Southern Rock fan. A very soulful, well-played piece of work. But if you need to convince yourself first, check out this 1997 radio broadcast of Jack Pearson & The Nationals. Live!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very very much for JACK PEARSON. He is very good.