Friday, February 18, 2011

Randall Bramblett & Davis Causey - Visionary School (1992)



Yep, this is an update. I finally got the whole thing complete, including the right track titles and artwork. No new music, though.
"Visionary School" consists of recordings made by Randall Bramblett during the 90's. It was sold on cassette at live shows. This already sounds very much like the albums he put out from 1998 on. So, that makes them Southern Rock with a twist? I guess Southern Rock fans should really go after his 70's albums, "That Other Mile" and "Light Of The Night". Momentarily out of stock, but his other albums can be bought at Randall's homepage. These recordings, however, are not available anymore. Listening to these tracks, it made me think Mark Knopfler could easily make a credible album with these songs. But I prefer Randall Bramblett any day. Some great songs on this album. Thanks go out to Craig for this. I really appreciate it. And so will you, I bet. And thanks to Richard for the artwork and for making this puzzle complete. Very enjoyable stuff here. Randall has no intention releasing this album. Maybe the masters got lost? I don't get it..

8 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

Very cool site you have here--I will have to explore more of it. I found it when I was researching something about Rich Mountain Tower and was directed to your post on the bands first album.
I was going to include the album as part of a list I was compiling for a blog hop based on the top 8 debut albums.

Check out DiscConnected's blog hop at:

Super 8 Debut Albums

It would be great if you could join in with us with your music knowledge. You might enjoy Larry Cavanaugh's blog as well.

You may also want to check out a blog event that I am co-hosting in April. It's the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2011. We could use a few more music blogs participating.

Hope to see you at one or both of these.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Arlee Bird said...

Oh, and I am now a follower of your blog. I hope you will check out mine as well.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Mike said...

I could not find the link to Randall Bramblett & Davis Causey - Visionary School album. Just ads to download other software.

Skydogg said...

New link. Enjoy!

Mike said...

Thank you Skydogg! Really appreciate your help with this one.

Unknown said...

Hi Skydog, the ul.uo link is dead, can you re-upload it? Thanks very much!

Skydogg said...

Hi Jan, link renewed. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Thanks you :-)