Monday, February 14, 2011

Eddie Stone - Right Tonight (1999)



"Right Tonight' is a straight-ahead, yet commercial sounding album. Eddie Stone is, I guess, honorary member of Doc Holliday. On this, it's Doc Holliday's keyboardist on his own. But not alone. He has one tight band supporting him on a really good record. I guess this one's really for fans of new Skynryd and 80's Southern Rock. For that, it's well produced and it actually grows on me. A bit. Really, I prefer it more loose and with occasional long tracks. This sometimes feels like it was aiming for a hit record. But for havin' some unpretentious fun, this works wonders. And the music? It has good songs and it sounds good. Hey, it might be good after all. In fact, I'll have a good cry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eddie isn't an "honorary" member, he's been part of Doc Holliday for many years.

Skydogg said...

Well, I meant that he wasn't on all Doc Holliday releases, but he always seems to pop up again in later line-ups. So it may look like he's no longer part of the band, but then he is again. If you know what I mean.

Curtis said...

Is it possible to get this reloaded? I sure would appreciate it. Thank you.

Skydogg said...

Done ;-)