Friday, June 02, 2017

Gregg Allman Band - Nashville '88 (1988)


To me, Gregg Allman was the main man of Southern Rock. Brother, what a shocker to learn of his recent passing. And to think I passed up my last chance to go see him live last year, because of other obligations, hoping to catch him next year or so. Well, not. Anyway, I guess most of you feel pretty much the same way I do. What a legacy, what a voice, such beautiful musical contributions over 50 years. To offer some small consolation (thanks Jean!), here is a pretty cool live show from 1988 of Gregg performing at The Cannery in Nashville, TN. It's an FM broadcast, so the recording is actually quite good and crisp sounding. Gregg, I'm gonna miss you. Still got your music, though. And a new one coming up soon? Let's hope it's a burner (I believe it could very well be!). Until then, get some Sweet Feeling.

7 comments:

Mickey Bitsko said...

Many thanks for this! When Gregg was married to Cher, they had an apartment a few blocks from the wife and I in the East Village, NYC, on the top floors above Tower Records (remember those?). Never saw them, though I had my eye out every time I walked by. Anyway, thanks again.

Unknown said...

Met Gregg as a 13 year old kid. A life forever changed. His live shows have always been preferred. This one in Nashville is great, thanks!

JayPoppa said...

I also passed him up the last time he did a show near me. So I know how ya feel.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Skydog. I wish I could have seen him live. Rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

1973 concert in St. Louis. I wasn't there, I just thought you might find it interesting. https://i.imgur.com/jzrzPHs.png

Skydogg said...

Nice! Do you have it? Sound quality?

the winner said...

Yeah, such an amazing band he lead for so many years. I always find the story of how they got Warren Haynes really cool. David Allan Coe was the one who found Warren Haynes. Coe discovered Warren Haynes, and got him to be in his backing band and on some of his albums for many years. Then he handed him off to his buddies in the Allman Brothers.