Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tim Brooks & The Alien Sharecroppers - Live! (2001)



Well, some good news about Tim Brooks. On his MySpace page there's mention of a new album coming out this year. Hell yeah! So, all the more reason to spoil you with yet another scorching live set of Tim Brooks & The Alien Sharecroppers. I have no info on where this was recorded, only the year 2001 is given. I prefer this show over the previous, which I also love. But this better represents his own work. It's a soundboard recording (also out there in lossless format, so don't pollute the lossless community with this version! & thanks Traink) and it sounds pretty good. Classic Southern Rock, great picking, wonderful! And it's a long show, but well worth hearing out. Some Allman Brothers songs, a cover of ZZ Top's "Shiek" and a version of "Jesse", which has only had a release on the compilation album "Peach State Blues".
I just know you will enjoy this smoking live show. I know I did. So, kick back and let the music carry you away. But be sure to keep a look out for Tim's new album coming soon. And go buy it! No cover charge...

No comments: