Monday, November 25, 2013

James Montgomery - Duck Fever (1979)

James Montgomery released his first two albums on the Capricorn label, which is my reason for posting this album. Those albums were basically harmonica driven Blues Rock albums, not very adventurous. This album however, is a vast improvement over his first outings. This is the kind of music that makes me wanna get up and dance. (Of course I don't actually do that, since I'm too cool to dance ;-)) If you dig Elvin Bishop or Wet Willie, pay attention. Here's some fine funky music for y'all. And thanks to Luc for supplying this. Some great songs and a very nice sound, without James' harmonica getting in the way too much. It features a nice cover version of The Meters' "Fire On The Bayou" and I love "Not Your Clown". Good time music for those of you that are living for the weekend...

10 comments:

Horst said...

I appreciate you posting this album!

My anti-virus keeps telling me that the download file is unsafe. Any way to repost on a different server?

Je vous remercie!

Skydogg said...

Nothing infected about this file. Maybe you should try downloading without the download accelerator? Untick the box...

Horst said...

That was the problem -- thanks!

Anonymous said...

Same problem as with Horst, but unclicking does not help. The accelerator attempts to load itself anyway and the anti-virus reacts respectively. Too bad.

r-man said...

found your blog by accident. been a long time southern rock fan and found some very interesting things that I would like to have. Like this James Montgomery Album. Hoever, I can't get past this download accelerator, no matter which browser I use. I just can't click it away, it keeps appearing again and again. And I am not going to download that very unneccessary accelerator, because things like this have fucked up my Computer more than once. Sorry. I recommend zippyshare.com which is great and fast. No bullshit included... best regards
r-man

Skydogg said...

Thanks. I hear installing adblock helps. Try that and let us know if that works for you?

Anonymous said...

I also can't get past that download accelerator. Would love to get this since I have it on vinyl but won't with this crap. I like your taste in music but please find another download site like zippyshare even crap like rapidfire is 1000% better than whatever crap you have it posted on now. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

In the late 70's and early 80's I worked in a club in Georgetown, Washington DC - that featured a lot of the east coast R&B bans like the NightHawks, The Charlottesville Blues Allstars, Roomful of Blues - you Steveie Ray Vaughn with Double Trouble and the Fabulous Thunderbirds - the James Montgomery band held their own with the best of them live

Skydogg said...

I have another album of James coming up soon ;-)

beardedhead said...

James makes the disco (or almost disco).
I'm sorry, but that's not for me.
And the first two albums is wonderful.
I have them on vinyl.